Wednesday 2 November 2016

A True Experience

My great grandpa was the head of a few villages in Andhra Pradesh and sometimes used to travel even very late in the night, to other villages. At this time, he only had a bicycle, so he would cycle on a lonely spooky path between villages. These horror stories that are supposedly his own experience have passed through the generations in my family. I heard these stories from my dad.

It was a dark and mystic night. The air seemed to be thick with suspense and a promise of bad experiences. I was alone on my rusty bicycle, cycling hurriedly to the next village at 12:00 in the night. There was some urgent business that required my immediate attention.

As I continued to cycle I saw a silhouette in the distance and as I went closer, I realised she was a woman, decked from top to bottom in only a pure white. She had her hand out, asking for a lift. I stopped and asked her to please get on the back of my bicycle. She did so, and I proceeded on my journey with her company.

After an hour, she told me to stop for this was her house. I looked around wildly and didn't see any building of any sort nearby, and asked her where it was. She told me to take another look and there it was. A towering manor adorned in cobwebs. I rubbed my eyes and assumed that I must be going mad due to the lack of sleep. She asked me to rest at ther home for a while and I agreed.

She led me into the manor, where I met her two twin sisters and then moved to the washroom to freshen up. There, I heard voices coming out from a small window at the top of one of the walls. It was the sisters! They were discussing something. One said, "Ah we've found ourselves an excellent meal tonight! His arms and legs are so healthy. They look positively delicious." The other sisters agreed and began arguing over which one of them would get to eat which part of my body.

I shuddered and began to sweat. What was I going to do? I forced my mind to think clearly and planned a way to escape from the cursed manor. There was a knock at the door. I forced my expressions to not betray me when I saw the woman at the door. She asked me to follow her if I was hungry. I went with her to the living room and say before the fireplace and then noticed that instead of wood, there was human bones in the fireplace! My body threatened to faint, but I kept it under control, asking the three sisters to each get a different food item for me.

They readily agreed and left into the kitchen. When I heard them making a lot of noise in the kitchen, I slipped out of the house silently, running directly for my bicycle and pedalling at full speed to save my own dear life. I didn't stop pedalling until I reached my destination.

The next day, I returned to the same spot in the afternoon an found that there was no manor, and no sisters.


So that's it. This is only one of his stories though. I will share more when i have the time!

1 comment: